In the INWX customer area go to menu item Nameserver, select the appropriate zone and click on the eye symbol next to the relevant domain.
The SOA entry can be edited by clicking on the pencil symbol to the right of the SOA entry.
The following values are displayed here by default:
ns.inwx.de hostmaster.inwx.de 2015100200 10800 3600 604800 3600
The values can be divided as follows:
- ns.inwx.de: Primary nameserver that is responsible for this zone
- hostmaster.inwx.de: E-mail address of the zone manager ("@" is replaced by ".")
- 2015100200: The serial number is increased by 1 with each zone change
- 10800: Time in seconds after which the secondary name server queries the serial number from the primary name server in order to determine changes to the zone (update)
- 3600: Time in seconds after which the secondary name server queries the serial number again if the primary name server has not responded to the first query (retry)
- 604800: Time in seconds after which the secondary name server stops responding if the primary name server does not respond (expiration date)
- 3600: Specifies the minimum TTL value for all entries in the DNS zone
If you want to adjust values that deviate from the standard value, you can enter these values behind the serial number and save them.
You can verify that the input is correct by, for example, running the following command with the Linux dig command line tool:
$ dig @ ns.inwx.de YOURDOMAIN.COM SOA + short
Alternatively, the query can also be carried out with the following online tool: http://mxtoolbox.com/SOALookup.aspx