What is DKIM and what is it used for?
You can use DKIM to confirm the authenticity of your e-mails. E-mails signed with DKIM receive an additional signature in the so-called header (usually invisible additional information in an e-mail). This signature is requested by the recipient from the DNS settings of your domain and then compared with the signature of your e-mail.
If the signature has been successfully verified (data in the header and in the DNS settings match), it is a good indication for the recipient of this e-mail that they can trust the sender.
How do I set up a DKIM entry?
- Log in with your personal user data in our customer area.
- Navigate to the menu item 'Nameserver' in the left side menu.
- Look for the domain in question and open it's DNS settings by clicking on the 'eye symbol' at the end of the line.
- Click the "Add DNS Entry" Button on the upper right.
- To add a DKIM entry, enter the (sub) domain as specified by the provider in the 'Name' field. The INWX system will automatically remove the domain name from your entry , that is correct and intended in this way.
- Select the 'TXT' type from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the DKIM entry in the 'Value' field.
- Click on 'Save'.
Your DKIM entry is then set up correctly and is immediately active and can be reached from anywhere in the world within the next 24-48 hours.Tags: DKIM, Nameserver