In the INWX customer area go to menu item "Nameserver", select the appropriate zone and click on the "eye symbol" next to the relevant domain.
The SOA entry can be edited by clicking on the "pencil symbol" to the right of the SOA entry.
The following value is displayed here by default:
ns.inwx.de. hostmaster.inwx.de. 2015 100 200
The values can be divided as follows:
- ns.inwx.de: Primary name server that is responsible for this zone
- hostmaster.inwx.de: E-mail address of the zone manager ("@" is replaced by ".")
- 2015100200: The serial number is increased by 1 with each zone change
Further values are available and are supplied with a DNS query, but are not displayed in the customer area, as these settings are only recommended for advanced users.
The rest of the SOA entry is determined automatically by us and consists of the following additional values:
10800 3600 604800 3600
These values can be broken down as follows:
- 10800: Time in seconds after which the secondary name server queries the serial number from the primary name server in order to determine changes to the zone (update)
- 3600: Time in seconds after which the secondary name server queries the serial number again if the primary name server has not responded to the first query (retry)
- 604800: Time in seconds after which the secondary name server stops responding if the primary name server does not respond (expiration date)
- 3600: Specifies the minimum TTL value for all entries in the DNS zone
If you want to adjust values that deviate from the standard value, you can enter these values behind the serial number and save them.
You can verify that the input is correct by, for example, running the following command with the Linux dig command line tool:
$ dig @ ns.inwx.de IHREDOMAIN.DE SOA + short
Alternatively, the query can also be carried out with the following online tool: http://mxtoolbox.com/SOALookup.aspxTags: Nameserver, SOA