If you have booked our mail- or webspace package, you have the option of activating the so-called greylisting method as spam protection. The greylisting method is an effective way to protect your email inbox from unwanted email.
When using the greylisting method, incoming e-mails are initially rejected by our e-mail server with a temporary error message. A spam sending e-mail server usually does not send multiple e-mails successively to the same address. Contrary, legitimate e-mail servers that are not explicitly used to send spam respond to this temporary error message with further - delayed - delivery attempts.
As soon as the e-mail is delivered a second time, our server accepts the e-mail and sends it to your mailbox. Therefore, when using greylisting, there may be a delivery delay when a recipient is contacted from the sender for the first time. This depends on the configuration of the sending email server and is typically 10 to 20 minutes. Further e-mails from the sender to the recipient's email address will then be delivered immediately.
You can use greylisting on all of our servers.
- To do this, log in to your INWX customer area and navigate to the menu item 'Hosting' on the left side menu.
- Now open the "Manage" link to be redirected to the 'Froxlor' server administration interface.
- If you want to set up greylisting for existing e-mail addresses in Froxlor, click on the menu item 'E-mail addresses' in the left side menu. You will now see an overview of the active e-mail addresses that you have already created.
- To enable greylisting for a domain click the green 'pencil icon' at the end of the line.
- On the following page you can now activate greylisting for your e-mail account.
- Greylisting will then be activated for your domain and ready in a few minutes, so that your incoming emails will be filtered accordingly.