Glue Records are necessary to use Nameservers for a domain that end to the same domain name. For examplee ns.YourDomain.de/ns2.YourDomain.de at the domain YourDomain.de. In that case, additional to the name of the Nameserver the IP-Adress of the Nameserver must be transmitted to the registry.
Please follow the subsequent steps to set up Glue-Records:
1. Log in to the customer area at www.inwx.com
2. Choose the menu item “Domain” and then “Domain List”.
3. Choose “Create Glue Record” next to the respective domain name.
4. Enter the subdomain of the Nameserver into the field “Hostname” without the domain name. E.g. “ns” or “ns2”.
5. Enter your IP address into the field “IP”. If this Nameserver is accessible with multiple IP addresses, you may click on “more” to add further IP addresses. IPv4 as well as IPv6 are allowed.
6. Click on “Save”.
To add further gluerecords (e.g. ns2.YourDomain.de oder ns3.YourDomain.de) just click “more” or repeat the process from step 2. At the end, update the domain to the new Nameservers, to transmit these incl. the corresponding IPs to the registry.